Santosh Yoga Etiquette
Some things to keep in mind when you practice Alignment Based Yoga.
Remember when you enter our Center, you are entering a sacred space, take off your shoes and respect the ground you walk on.
- Try to arrive to class on time, if joining class late – do not enter training space during opening invocation, please wait and then join in. But remember – better late than never in class.
- Leave your socks and shoes on the rugs, please do not walk with your shoes beyond the entry rug.
- Yoga is practiced barefoot.
- Place or leave all your bags, bottle at entry, only bring your yoga gear on the training floor.
- If arriving earlier than the teacher or other students please lay your gear down, settle down and start preparing for class.
- It is disrespectful to leave class early without informing the teacher in advance.
- If you are borrowing any of the center’s yoga accessories, please return them in exactly the same way you took it.
- Ask permission before borrowing any gear. Do not take FOR SALE accessories and use them as spares.
- As a sign of respect please avoid walking on other student’s or the teacher’s mat.
- Move things in the studio with your hands, as a sign of respect for your gear. DO not use your feet to move things, even small items like your yoga brick or strap.
- If doing a makeup class, request permission in advance – email the teacher and get approval prior to attending the makeup class.
- Please follow the teacher’s instructions, do not do any actions/ moves or postures on your own. Santosh Yoga
teachers are highly trained and try to adjust the postures to your needs. Follow the teacher’s directions when they suggest a prop, an accessory or a different position/ asana / posture than what you may be used to.
- If you have practiced yoga elsewhere or a different style of yoga, you will enjoy how what you have learned gets more informed.
185total visits,1visits today