Santosh Yoga Etiquette
Some things to keep in mind when you practice Alignment Based Therapeutic Yoga.
Remember when you enter our Centre, you are entering a sacred space, take off your shoes and respect the ground you walk on.
- Try to arrive to class on time, if joining class late – do not enter training space during opening invocation, please wait and then join in. But remember – better late than never in class.
- Leave your socks and shoes on the rugs, please do not walk with your shoes beyond the entry rug
- Yoga is practiced barefoot
- Place or leave all your bags, bottle at entry, only bring your yoga gear on the training floor
- If arriving earlier than the teacher or other students please lay your gear down, settle down and start preparing for class
- It is disrespectful to leave class early without informing the teacher in advance.
- If you are borrowing any of the centre’s yoga accessories, please return it back in exactly the same way you took it
- Ask permission before borrowing any gear. Do not take FOR SALE accessories and use them as spares
- Do not walk on any students mat, or the teachers
- Move things in the studio with your hands, DO not use your feet to move things. e.g. move a yoga brick or strap with your
- If doing a makeup class, request permission in advance – email the teacher prior to doing this and get approval
- Please follow the instructions of the teacher, do not do any actions/moves or postures on your own. Santosh Yoga
teachers are highly trained and know what you need. Follow the teachers directions when they suggest a prop, an accessories or a different positions/asana/posture than what you may be used to.
- If you have practiced yoga elsewhere or in another style or yoga, you will enjoy how what you have learned gets more informed.